After installing DSPAM again on a different machine (someone else’s) I found there where some minor errors in the install documentation. Also other people left some comments in the blog about problems they had and posted questions in the DSPAM forum.
The things I’ve changed where:
- adding the ‘
sudo chmod o+x /usr/local/bin/dspam‘ command to prevent the error ‘
fatal: pipe_command: execvp /usr/local/bin/dspam: Permission denied‘.
- I’ve change the DSPAM startup documentation, there was a problem with starting DSPAM if MySQL wasn’t running yet. So I set the correct dependancies in the StartupParameters.plist and now that works. I also added the complete startup scripts as a downloadable file.
- The DSPAM training script is now working without any errors, sorry about that one…
Next up is maildrop and to write a script that will take care of false negatives (mail indicated as spam that really isn’t). When that is done we’ll pickup on greylisting as that seems to be something people really want.
- No related posts