Got the MySQL shared library problem solved
Posted in: MySQL
I’ve been tinkering for quite some time now but I think I’ve got the problem solved with the issues that I blogged about earlier because MySQL didn’t provide shared libraries with their binary installation.
The solution is to compile your own shared libraries and remove the ones that come with the binary distribution. It took so long to solve this issue because I had to compile and test all the components that we use for our setup. One time PHP worked but Courier-Auth didn’t and when I got Courier-Auth to compile, PHP got problems again and the same happened with Postfix. But now I’ve had all programs that need the MySQL libraries like PHP, Courier-Auth and Postfix to compile and run without a hitch.
I will provide instructions on how to compile these and how to install the new shared libraries. I’m also thinking of providing you with the finished product, the compiled shared libraries as a downloadable file which you only need to unpack and copy to get everything running, because compiling MySQL is something that will take a while on a G4 Mac mini.
I still need to test this on the Intel platform, I have access to someone else’s Mac mini which I can use but it will take some time and I need to write it all down in a nice and easy to read manner for you to use. So give me some time to finish this and I’ll update the documentation as soon as possible. Keep watching this space…
Please note that I hope this solution will be a workaround for the time being. Maybe you can help to push MySQL to provide shared libraries in the binary install package by adding your voice to the bug report in at the MySQL site. Add your voice by commenting.
Return to: Got the MySQL shared library problem solved