Found another error while trying to setup TLS and SASL
This was bound to happen sooner or later, this version still has some errors. I found out that while getting the TLS support in Postfix configured that I forgot to include the option for TLS during compilation. which means that TLS support wasn’t even included in the executable. I had to include the option ‘-DUSE_TLS’ during the makefile configuration. It is now included in the documentation.
Another item I forgot, was the configuration file for SASL, to get SASL configured you have to create
/usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf to let SASL know it needs to use the Courier Authdaemon. I updated the configuration documentation to reflect this and included a new page to describe the steps involved.
I got TLS working with the correct configuration and I will add steps to create your own certificate into the documentation later today !