Please note that this information is no longer up to date. The content of this site has moved to a new domain DIYMacServer.com which is kept up to date. Apologies for the inconvienince.
Now you’ve got everything build and installed you are ready to configure all the separate components before you can start it up. I will explain most of the configuration settings as we go along. Besides the instructions given I try to provide you with ready made scripts that you only need to execute if you want. It’s a quick and easy way to get everything done, I don’t know if it will help you in understanding everything but it will get the job done without any typos.
All the configuration settings are as is and work for me. They also imply that you’ve used my installation procedure for MySQL. If you’ve used a different way of installing please change the location as needed.
- Creating the database for the mail users
- Creating the directory for the mailboxes
- Configuring SASL for SMTP authentication
- Configuring Postfix for virtual domains with MySQL
- Configuring Courier-auth to use MySQL
- Configuring Courier IMAP with your maildir
For some added security for your users: